Sunday, October 15, 2006

Serious issues with SCDA demo

When I downloaded the demo for the upcoming Splinter Cell game, I was hyped to the max. I really want to get my hands on the multiplayer, seeing as I loved the first of the series, Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory. The sad thing is, since the demo has hit the marketplace, I have only played 1 spy game, and 3 merc games. There are several problems with the demo, that make it extremly hard to get into games, and actually have a game.

Usually, when you go into "Quick Match" or "Custom Match" it will usually leave you hanging on "Joining session" . The only way to escape this infinite hanging, is to ether boot back into the Xbox dashboard, or to logout of XBL, and sign back in. Signing out would be the best thing to do, and thanks to Matt, I realized this was a possiblity. I never thought on it for whatever reason. Another annoying part of the functonaility is the fact that, if you do manage to join a game, you sometimes get the "Host has ended session" message. The host actually does not end the session. You get this message, usually, because there are people who got in ahead of you in the game. Last but not least, you got the Spy whores; who if you are on the Spy side will kick you out of the game. This tends to get extremly frustrating, seeing as it is so hard to get a game in the first place.

I can say that the games I did play were excellent, and that this demo did indeed hype me up much more for the release of DA. The source of the hype, is more through the inability to join actually games. This makes me look forward to the release of DA, so I can actually get in some games with Matt and my other friends, without have to go through hell first.

Double Agent is slated to release October 17th.

No comments: